Python is DOOMED! Again!

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 13:33:00 EST 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 5:03 AM, Sturla Molden <sturla.molden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:
>
>> Remember too that type-hinting will *absolutely* remain *completely*
>> optional for Python. Developers can choose to use it or not,
>
> No! Developers have to do what managers and customers tell them to do. They
> will start to require type hinting everywhere. And then the question is
> what Python has to offer over Java or Swift.

Uhh... if your managers and customers are stipulating non-Pythonic
coding styles, then it's time to find new managers/customers. If
they're not writing the code, code quality shouldn't be their concern.

Of course, if you want to switch to Swift, sure, but I'm going to keep
working on Python. Just please don't FUD this list.

ChrisA