Socket ICMP V6 error

Alain Ketterlin alain at dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Jan 22 11:21:52 EST 2015

ermanolillo <ermanolillo at hotmail.com> writes:

> HOST is  send by the keyboard. It´s the IPv6 address of my interface eth0.
> For example, FE80::0202:B3FF:FE1E:8329.

This is a link-local address, you can't use it just like that (you may
have several interfaces with the same link-local addr). Use getaddrinfo
on "FE80...%eth0" (change eth0 to the name of the interface you want to
use) to get a valid 4-tuple. Use that instead of your (HOST,0). You can
also try '::' (kind of inaddr6_any), I don't know if that's what you
want.

But I think you can't bind a raw socket in IPv6. (Not sure, try it and
see.)

-- Alain.