Python is DOOMED! Again!

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 03:42:09 EST 2015

On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 1:23:40 AM UTC-6, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> The point isn't that there are no other alternative
> interpretations possible, or that annotations are the only
> syntax imaginable, but that they're not hard to guess what
> they mean, and if you can't guess, they're not hard to
> learn and remember.

That's highly subjective. Could you please stop licking
Guido's boots long enough to take a whiff of what the hell
you're shoveling? Is being teachers pet so important that
you're willing to turn off a vast majority of new Python
programmers? How much longer can this hemorrhaging go on
Steven?

Python is the only thing that is pure in the programming
world. The only language that offers the cleanest and most
intuit-able syntax, AND YOU"RE JUST GOING TO THROW IT ALL
AWAY SO YOU CAN BE A LAPDOG OF SATAN?

Everybody better listen up, and you'd better listen up good
folks. Because we've only got a short time to act before
this monstrosity is enacted. You need send Guido emails (and
lots of them) and tell him how destructive this is going to
be to our community. Stop being cowards, it's time to put
the big boy pants on.

If you don't act now, then don't bother complaining later.
Python is dangling by a thin thread, and this is your last
chance to save everything we've worked for. All the lines of
code we've written won't mean spit if the language takes a
swan dive into obscurity!