How to "wow" someone new to Python

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Jan 21 23:39:09 EST 2015

Mario Figueiredo wrote:

> But speaking about impressing more experient programmers, I personally
> don't think Python has a wow factor in any of its features and syntax. At
> least in the way I understand the word "wow".

Quote:

    I've seen Python criticized as "ugly" precisely because it doesn't
    have a trick-based view of the world. In many ways, it's a dull
    language, borrowing solid old concepts from many other languages &
    styles: boring syntax, unsurprising semantics, few automatic
    coercions, etc etc. But that's one of the things I like about it.
    - Tim Peters

--
Steve