Random ALL CAPS posts on this group

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 22:50:48 EST 2015

On Monday, January 19, 2015 at 7:55:11 PM UTC-6, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Rick Johnson wrote:
> > That's the beauty of free speech: "We have right to be
> > annoyed, and the author has the right not to give a damn".
> > The only alternative is fascist censorship, and I'll happily
> > endure these annoyances to prevent that!
>
> Free speech also gives the freedom to not listen. Maybe it's less
> trouble to skip them manually than to filter them out reliably, but
> you do still have that option.

Agreed. Listening is not compulsory. Fingers stuck firmly in
the ear canals or utilizing the natural phenomenon that sound
waves tend to diminish over distances, or when passing
through physical obstructions, are all effective techniques!
Of course the "kill file" has such a gloriously revengeful
sound to it though! ;-)