Random ALL CAPS posts on this group

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jan 19 19:40:45 EST 2015

Luke Tomaneng wrote:

> Has anyone noticed these? There have been about three of them recently and
> they don't seem to have anything to do with Python at all. Does anyone
> know if there is a good reason they are here?

They're spam, and depending on how you are accessing this group you may or
may not see them. Alas I do see them.

Just delete them, please please please please do not reply to them and try
to argue with the spammer. Occasionally we have either well-meaning but
foolish people who think that replying to spam, quoting the entire spam
message in their email, and sending to the list is somehow helping. Of
course the spammer isn't reading replies!

Either that, or they are actually spammers themselves, and their cunning
ploy is to *pretend* to be replying to spam in order to get their message
past the spam filters.

So don't be one of those guys.

--
Steven