Random ALL CAPS posts on this group

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:38:08 EST 2015

On Monday, January 19, 2015 at 6:16:13 PM UTC-6, Luke Tomaneng wrote:
> Has anyone noticed [uppercase post content]? There have
> been about three of them recently and they don't seem to
> have anything to do with Python at all. Does anyone know
> if there is a good reason they are here?

A "good reason"...? Nope.

Using all-caps when writing is understood as shouting. I
sometimes use caps myself on intermittent words that need
special emphasis, but using nothing but caps is so annoying
that most people won't even bother to read your posts.

Apparently the author has something "so important" to say,
they he thinks he needs to "shout from the rafters" so
everybody can hear his "important message".  Although, he's
failed to notice that this is a group who's primary focus is
the Python Programming language, or at minimum, a discussion
of technical issues, and so most people are not going to be
interested -- and by "most" i mean *ALL*. ;-)

However, as is the case with most of these "troll-spammers",
the author is most likely posting this crap to multiple
message boards in hopes that someone will engage him or
click one of his malware installing links. Just ignore them.

That's the beauty of free speech: "We have right to be
annoyed, and the author has the right not to give a damn".
The only alternative is fascist censorship, and I'll happily
endure these annoyances to prevent that! You see, with
fascism you just trade one annoying jerk who has no power,
for another annoying jerk who has the absolute power of the
state behind him -- and you know the old adage about power
and corruption don't you?