lambdak: multi-line lambda implementation in native Python

Jussi Piitulainen jpiitula at ling.helsinki.fi
Sat Jan 17 08:19:00 EST 2015

Skip Montanaro writes:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 5:59 AM, Jussi Piitulainen wrote:
> > How far do you want to go? Is "a  b + c" the same as "a(b) + c" or
> > the same as "a(b + c)"?
>
> I think there is only one practical interpretation, the one that all
> shells I'm familiar with have adopted:
>
>     a(b, +, c)

Sorry, what? Oh, shells, and "a" called with three parameters. Ok.

But I think the "+" here should be the usual arithmetical operators.
It was supposed to be Ruby syntax and the question was about the
significance of different amounts of white space.

Hm. What about "b  + c"? Or "3 +1", is that calling 3 with 1? No,
I don't really want to know.