lambdak: multi-line lambda implementation in native Python

Jussi Piitulainen jpiitula at ling.helsinki.fi
Sat Jan 17 06:59:33 EST 2015

Marko Rauhamaa writes:
> Jussi Piitulainen:
>
> >  a+ b  => 7  # a() + b
> >  a +b  => 3  # a(+b)   => a(b) => a(1) = 1 + 2
> >
> > I'm not quite fond of such surprise in programming language
> > syntax.
>
> Yes, whoever came up with the idea of whitespace having syntactic
> significance!

How far do you want to go? Is "a  b + c" the same as "a(b) + c" or the
same as "a(b + c)"?

There's meant to be two spaces between "a" and "b" but I lost one of
them, twice, to my M-q reflex when writing the above paragraph. They
may or may not be there as I send this.

And I don't really want to know which it is. I prefer parentheses.
They are not nearly as fragile.