Android Native Build Help: python build_ext

Cyd Haselton chaselton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 13:06:01 EST 2015

I'm building python on my Android tablet and, while the executable and
library builds successfully, I run into a problem when the newly built
python runs build_ext; it builds the _struct module and then
immediately afterwards my build environment throws an 'undefined
reference to dlopen' error.

To figure out what is missing dlopen, I need to somehow figure out
what build_ext is trying to do.  I've tried running the command
manually with the --verbose option with no results.

Does build_ext build modules in a certain order?  If so, what is that order?