lambdak: multi-line lambda implementation in native Python

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:19:18 EST 2015

On Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 11:25:11 AM UTC+5:30, Yawar Amin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First off, to each reader--if you believe that 'multi-line' lambdas are
> no good and we can just use functions, decorators, &c. to accomplish
> everything in Python, advance warning: this post will annoy you.
>
> Now, the crux of my message. I have implemented what I believe is a
> fairly robust, if ugly-looking, native Python module made up of
> combinator functions which compose together to form function expressions
> (well, callable expressions).
>
> I've seen a lot of discussions on possibly introducing syntax support
> for multi-line lambdas in some future version, but I've never seen
> anyone say, here's a way you can do this in Python _today._ So I believe
> lambdak fits in that niche.
>
>     https://github.com/yawaramin/lambdak
>
> Would anyone care to try it out? I would be happy to answer questions
> whenever I can.

Looked at your suggestions...
And then got distracted by your other project
https://github.com/yawaramin/vim-cute-python

Reminded me of what I had written some months ago along similar lines
http://blog.languager.org/2014/04/unicoded-python.html

At that time this was not suggested quite seriously.
Now I see that this can be realized at least partially
and on a personal level.