[OT] Re: MySQL connections

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Thu Jan 15 05:40:37 EST 2015

Jacob Kruger wrote:

> However, if implement similar code - down to just trying to open a
> connection, wait a few seconds, and then close it again, inside a function
> called from a prior function, in the class am implementing in a file
> called/executed from command line, then, the moment I try to close the
> connection, whether or not have done anything with it, that's when I get
> that python.exe has stopped working/responding error message popping up,
> and python bombs out.

Jacob, your writing style is incredibly long-winded and hard to follow.
Try to build shorter sentences instead of this stream of consciousness, and
focus on the actual problem.

"python bombs out"

is not a meaningful problem description. A traceback might be.

That said, I probably cannot help with your particular problem, so feel free
to ignore me...