lambdak: multi-line lambda implementation in native Python

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 01:39:09 EST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 11:06 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> I have a function, which I put into an expression like this:
>
> def func(a, b=None):
>     global spam
>     import math
>     spam = [a, b]*3
>     print spam
>     del spam
>

> value = [1, "hello", int, func]
> del func
>
> How would I use lambdak to write that as an expression
>
> value = [1, "hello", int, ??????? ]
>
> without the intermediate def?

# Untested, but seems like this should work.

value = [1, "hello", int, given_(lambda a, b=None:
    import_("math", lambda math:
    import_("operator", lambda operator:
    do_(lambda: operator.setitem(globals(), 'spam', [a, b]*3), lambda:
    print_(globals()['spam'], lambda:
    do_(lambda: operator.delitem(globals(), 'spam')))))))]

To the OP: I note that although import_ is used in the examples, it's
not found in the list of functions in the README.