How to terminate the function that runs every n seconds

Ganesh Pal ganesh1pal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 12:26:11 EST 2015

> Do you want to fix the symptom, fix the problem, or finish a school
> assignment?  To do the first, make a global variable that contains the time
> you want to stop making new threads, and conditionally test it before
> calling threading.Timer

 I firstly apologise for multiple posts and thanks for the reply  . I
was actually in hurry to complete my assignment  and there was no way
to figure out what was going wrong !!

 My assignment  was to write a subroutine that run itself every n
minutes  and terminate before the main thread completes.

  I thought threading.Timer helped me achieve this  but timer.cancel()
didn't help me terminate the timer .

> Something like
>    quit_time = timer.time() + 4

Thanks for the above  hint, I will try this and get back to you

> Note that neither Timer nor sleep makes any promises about how accurately it
> matches the requested time.

Sure will keep this in mind

Regards ,
Ganesh