Track down SIGABRT

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Tue Jan 13 12:31:12 EST 2015

Israel Brewster <israel at ravnalaska.net> writes:
>         when it again crashed with a SIGABRT. The crash dump the
>         system gave me doesn't tell me much, other than that it looks
>         like python is calling some C function when it crashes. I've
>         attached the crash report, in case it can mean something more
>         to someone else.

Somehow I missed the original post: did you get a core dump?  The
next thing to do is examine it under gdb.

>         Can anyone give me some hints as to how to track down the
>         cause of this crash?

If it's recurring, recompile python with -g to generate debugging
symbols, so you'll have an easier time examining the dump.  You can even
run the whole interpreter under gdb, though doing that for 33 days might
be uncharted territory.