Python 3 regex?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 12 20:54:55 EST 2015

On 12/01/2015 23:47, Rick Johnson wrote:
>> 'Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I
>> know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two
>> problems.' -  Jamie Zawinski.

[normal cobblers snipped]

If you wish to use a hydrogen bomb instead of a tooth pick feel free, I
won't lose any sleep over it.  Meanwhile I'll get on with writing code,
and for the simple jobs that can be completed with string methods I'll
carry on using them.  When that gets too complicated I'll reach for the
regex manual, knowing full well that there's enough data in books and
online to help even a novice such as myself get over all the hurdles.
If that isn't good enough then maybe a full blown parser, such as the
pile listed here http://nedbatchelder.com/text/python-parsers.html ?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence