MS-DOS Commands

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 17:32:03 EST 2015

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Jenacee Owens <jenaceerowens at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm new to python and every time i type a command into the MS-DOS Commands it looks like this.

> Traceback<most recent call last:
>    file "<stdin>";line 1 in <module>
> name error:name strings'is not defined

That error is from the Python interpreter, not MS-DOS (by which I
assume you mean the Windows command prompt; nobody seriously uses
MS-DOS any more).

> how can i fix this?

That depends on what it is you're trying to do. If you're actually
trying to run some program called 'strings' from the command prompt
then you'll need to exit the Python interpreter first (or open a
second command prompt window).