Generate jpg files using line length (pixels) and orientation (degrees)

semeon.risom at gmail.com semeon.risom at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 14:41:28 EST 2015

On Saturday, 10 January 2015 21:31:25 UTC-6, Denis McMahon  wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 09:49:25 -0800, semeon.risom wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the help btw. I think I'm close to a solution, but I'm
> > having issue feeding the coordinates from my csv file into the formula.
> >
> > This is the error I get:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Stimuli Generation\Coordinates\Generate_w
> >   corr.py", line 68, in <module>
> >     makeimg(length, orientation)
> >   File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Stimuli Generation\Coordinates\Generate_w
> >   corr.py", line 40, in makeimg
> >     orientation = orientation % 180
> > TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for %: 'list' and 'int'
> >>>>

> > and here's the code:
> >
> > from PIL import Image, ImageDraw from numpy import math
> >
> > # import csv import csv f = open('C:\Users\Owner\DesktopStimuli
> > Generation\Coordinates\file.csv', 'rb')
> > rdr = csv.reader(f)
> > f.seek(0)
> > i = 0 a = []
> > b = []
> > for row in rdr:
> >         a.append(row[0])
> >         b.append(row[1])
>
> This makes a and b both lists
>
> Having read some other errors that you are having, you need to make sure
> that these items are numeric and not string data
>
> for row in rdr:
>         a.append(int(row[0]))
>         b.append(int(row[1]))
>
> > # using lists of values for length in [a]:
> >     for orientation in [b]:
> >         makeimg(length, orientation)
>
> This puts list a inside another list, and puts list b inside another
> list, and then passes the whole of lists a and b in the first call to
> makeimg.
>
> makeimg expects 2 integer parameters on each call, not two lists!
>
> As you have already created lists, you don't need to wrap them inside
> another list.
>
> # using lists of values
> for length in a:
>     for orientation in b:
>         makeimg(length, orientation)
>
> --
> Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com

The code is working correctly. Thank you! The only change I had to make was referring to it as a float instead of an integer.

The images are generating, however I'm noticing that it's making an image for every possible pair in each list (i.e. Image 1: a1 and b1; Image 2: a1 and b2; Image 3: a1 and b3....) instead of an image for each row (e.g. Image 1: a1 and b1; Image 2: a2 and b2; Image 3: a3 and b3...).