Help running python tests on MIPS

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Jan 11 04:39:08 EST 2015

Ramesh wrote:

> I am new to python.
>
> I downloaded python 2.7.8 tarball, successfully cross compiled it, to make
> sure that the subsystems are correctly built, I tried running the python
> test scripts on the MIPS based target board. I hit the below error while I
> do so,
[...]
> I tried setting PATH & PYTHONPATH, but it doesn't seem to fix the issue.

Tried setting them to what?

> Can someone please advice on what possibly is causing this problem / how
> to fix this?

Try running these commands from the operating system's shell, and report on
the output:

ls -ld /opt/Python-2.7.8/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/

ls -l /opt/Python-2.7.8/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/*coll*

python -c "import collections; print collections.__file__"

That will help diagnose the problem.

--
Steven