Hello World

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 07:53:38 EST 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 11:43 PM, Albert van der Horst
<albert at spenarnc.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I don't trust sudo because it is too complicated.
> (To the point that I removed it from my machine.)
> I do
> su
> ..
> #
> su nobody
>
> Who needs sudo?

With sudo, you get MUCH finer control. I can grant some user the power
to run "sudo eject sr0", but no other commands. I can permit someone
to execute any of a large number of commands, all individually logged.
I can allow sudo to other users than root, without having to reveal
those accounts' passwords (chances are they don't even have
passwords).

But sure. If you want to cut out complication, dispense with user
accounts altogether and run everything as root. That's WAY simpler!

ChrisA