Comparisons and sorting of a numeric class....

Andrew Robinson andrew3 at r3dsolutions.com
Tue Jan 6 21:53:23 EST 2015

On 01/06/2015 06:34 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 1/6/2015 9:01 PM, Andrew Robinson wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> There are very few (about 4) builtin classes that cannot be
> subclassed.  bool is one of those few, float is not.  Go ahead and
> subclass it.

> <class '__main__.F'>
> 5.6

Thanks terry! That's a relief.  Ive just managed to find a few classes
that won't subtype by trial and error in the last two months and was
getting pessimistic.  ( eg: doing web pages I wanted to customize the
error output traceback stack from a python script based on where the
exception occurred..... UUUUGH!  I worked around the no sub-typing
issue, but it took a lot of guessing to trick python into accepting a
fake class to the print traceback functions the webserver used... )