Put float number in message.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jan 3 14:23:27 EST 2015

Here is my last line in a simple program that is a scribus script.
end = scribus.messageBox('Book Spine Width', 'dummy', ICON_WARNING, BUTTON_OK)

This works. Now I want to put a float number called S instead of 'dummy'.
If I just put S in the command I get an error. If I convert S to a string with
SS = str(S)
first and then
and substitute SS for 'dummy' I get what appears to be the ASCII numbers representing the characters, not the characters I want.

I am a total newbie with Python. Anyone have a suggestion? Can I use a print command instead?

John Culleton