Command Line Inputs from Windows

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 03:06:52 EST 2015

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Ken Stewart <gordon_ken_stewart at msn.com> wrote:
> I used the 'find' tool in regedit to search for python in the registry.
> There were many hits on the word python but only a handful had data fields
> similar to the one above.  Every instance was missing the %* string.  I
> modified them all.  My script didn't start working until after I'd modified
> the very last one.  Happily, my computer still boots after mucking around in
> the registry.

Excellent!

Fiddling with Python's setup under Windows is unlikely ever to stop
your computer from booting. Unlike on most Linux and Mac OS systems,
there's no "system Python" that's used internally; Windows itself
doesn't make use of Python. So you should have no problems playing
around with things.

ChrisA