How do I remove/unlink wildcarded files

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 09:01:31 EST 2015

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 12:51 AM, Ervin Hegedüs <airween at gmail.com> wrote:
> it may be at the concrete example in OP is better the glob - but
> I think in most cases the re modul gives more flexibility, I mean
> the glob modul can handle the upper/lower chars?

I'm not sure that I'd want to. Handling case insensitivity is fine
when you're restricting everything to ASCII, but it's rather harder
when you allow all of Unicode. For instance, U+0069 and U+0049 would
be considered case-insensitively equal in English, but in Turkish,
they're different letters; U+0069 upper-cases to U+0130, and U+0049
lower-cases to U+0131. Much safer, when you're writing generic tools,
to simply require case sensitivity. And you can't easily know whether
the file system is case-sensitive, case-retaining, or case-folding;
you could easily have multiple mounts that differ, so
"/home/rosuav/foo/bar/quux" might be the same as
"/home/rosuav/FOO/bar/quux", but the other four components are all
case sensitive. Yes, it really is possible.

ChrisA