suggestions for functional style (singleton pattern?)

yves at zioup.com yves at zioup.com
Sat Feb 28 23:11:00 EST 2015

On 2015-02-28 19:19, Michael Torrie wrote:
> You say you are trying to use a singleton pattern, but your code does
> not appear to implement a singleton.  From what I can read of your code,

I call it a singletone because I only every create one object.

I am not trying to use a singleton, I'm trying to avoid issues created by the
alternative ways of doing this (not having access to the variables in the repl
etc...).

> you really should just put all your functions as methods to the DirStat
> class and call it good.  Especially if your module is going to be used
> in several places potentially at the same time.

There are type of problems where I don't want to bind functions to data.

By the way, I have just added some more explanation in the code, trying to
clarify the problem.

--
http://yves.zioup.com
gpg: 4096R/32B0F416