mod_python.publisher issue on ARM 64 bit machine

amito2in at gmail.com amito2in at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 02:49:06 EST 2015

Hi,

We are using the following configurations on ARM 64 bit machine

Apache Version:- 2.4.10
Python Version:- 2.7.4
Mod_Python:- 3.5.0

And we are observing the following error in mod_python.publisher while running our application

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mod_python.publisher"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 421, in HandlerDispatch
    result = obj(req)
  File "/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mod_python/publisher.py", line 128, in handler
    path,module_name =  os.path.split(req.filename)
  File "/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 92, in split
    i = p.rfind('/') + 1
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'

However, mod_python.testhandler is working fine and its output is showing mod_python.publisher as available.

mod_python.publisher available	Yes
mod_python.psp available	Yes

I came across the following link wherein it has suggested to make "_server" and "_interpreter" as public. I tried but it didn't work.
http://osdir.com/ml/apache.mod-python.devel/2006-03/msg00250.html/

Do we have to use any particular version of Apache or Python on ARM 64 bit server or are we missing on any step in our current set-up? Please suggest

Note:- We also tried with another version of mod_python(i.e. 3.4.1)