Python Worst Practices

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 02:03:49 EST 2015

Le mercredi 25 février 2015 22:29:06 UTC+1, MRAB a écrit :
> On 2015-02-25 20:45, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> > http://www.slideshare.net/pydanny/python-worst-practices
> >
> > Any that should be added to this list?  Any that be removed as not that bad?
> >
> We don't have numeric ZIP codes in the UK, but the entire world has
> numeric telephone numbers, so that might be a better example of numbers
> that aren't really numbers.
>
> Numeric dates can be ambiguous: dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy? The ISO
> standard is clearer: yyyy-mm-dd.
>
> Handling text: "Unicode sandwich".
>
> UTF-8 is better than legacy encodings.

I'm on the Unicode side.
Unfortunately and objectively, I can not share this
opinion. Most of people on this planet are not narrow
minded ascii user.

And what to say about the disastrous Unicode implementation
of Unicode in Python?

See https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.lang.python/Avq1gRc2dzE

jmf