Are threads bad? - was: Future of Pypy?

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 12:00:14 EST 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 25/02/2015 06:02, Ian Kelly wrote:
>>

>> Is the name of that database program "Microsoft Access" perchance?
>>

> Are you referring to the GUI, the underlying database engine, both, or what?

The engine. In theory it supports concurrent access. In practice, it
seems that access is frequently blocked by locks generated by some
other user who was working on it hours ago and is now out of the
office. Not to mention the times when the lock file gets so badly
corrupted that the resolution is to just delete it.

I haven't used it in some time though, so maybe it's gotten better.