Bug in timsort!?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Feb 25 10:49:12 EST 2015

On 2015-02-25, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2015-02-24 22:45, Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2015-02-24, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://envisage-project.eu/proving-android-java-and-python-sorting-algorithm-is-broken-and-how-to-fix-it/
>>
>> I don't get it.
>>
>>      3.2 Corrected Python merge_collapse function

[C code elided]

>> Or does "Python function" mean something else in this context?
>
> "Corrected merge_collapse function [from the Python implementation of TimSort]"
> as opposed to the Java implementation which was also discussed.

Yes, I get it now. But, when I read "Python function" or "Python
implementation of <foo>" that _to_me_ refers to someting written in
_Python_.

If you're talking about _CPython_ code, then you say "CPython
function" or "CPython implementation of <foo>".

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I hope the
                                  at               ``Eurythmics'' practice