Design thought for callbacks

Fabio Zadrozny fabiofz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 08:23:13 EST 2015

Hi Cem,

I didn't read the whole long thread, but I thought I'd point you to what
I'm using in PyVmMonitor (http://www.pyvmmonitor.com/) -- which may already
cover your use-case.

Take a look at the callback.py at
https://github.com/fabioz/pyvmmonitor-core/blob/master/pyvmmonitor_core/callback.py

And its related test (where you can see how to use it):
https://github.com/fabioz/pyvmmonitor-core/blob/master/_pyvmmonitor_core_tests/test_callback.py
(note that it falls back to a strong reference on simple functions -- i.e.:
usually top-level methods or methods created inside a scope -- but
otherwise uses weak references).

Best Regards,

Fabio