list storing variables

Peter Pearson pkpearson at nowhere.invalid
Mon Feb 23 12:35:40 EST 2015

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:55:47 +0100, ast <nomail at invalid.com> wrote:
> hi

> [2, 5]
> [2, 5]
>>>>

> Ok, a change in a or b doesn't impact Li. This works as expected
>
> Is there a way to define a container object able to store some variables
> so that a change of a variable make a change in this object content ?
>
> I dont need this feature. It is just something I am thinking about.
>
> In C language, there is &A for address of A

The word "variable" brings implications and assumptions that get
people into trouble in Python.  Python doesn't have variables.
It has objects, and you can assign names to objects -- like sticky
notes, as someone in this newsgroup helpfully pointed out long ago.

This way of thinking is significantly different from the familiar
"variable" mind-set of C, but looks similar enough to produce some
confusion.  For me, the sticky-note analogy helped a lot, and in a
few days many things made more sense.

--
To email me, substitute nowhere->runbox, invalid->com.