Python Silent Install

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Feb 23 10:29:12 EST 2015

On 23/02/2015 13:57, Colin Atkinson wrote:
> I am deploying Python to hundreds of machines using SCCM 2012.  I am
> using the below command to install:
>
> Msiexec /i “python.msi” TARGETDIR=”C:\Program Files\Python”
> ALLUSERS=1 /qn
>
> Even though I am using /qn, a command prompt still appears at the end
> of the install for about 5-6 seconds.  Is there any way to make the
> install totally silent?
>
> The exact version of the .msi is:
>
> python-3.4.2.amd64.msi

I haven't actually tried your command line myself, but I suspect that
the final "command prompt" is actually the ensurepip step. You should be
able to stop that by disabling that particular feature. Off the top of
my head I don't know what the feature name is; I'll have to clone a 3.4
repo and check (the installer has changed substantially for 3.5).

TJG