Future of Pypy?

Dave Farrance DaveFarrance at OMiTTHiSyahooANDTHiS.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 09:13:12 EST 2015

Dave Cook <davecook at nowhere.net> wrote:

>On 2015-02-22, Dave Farrance <DaveFarrance at OMiTTHiSyahooANDTHiS.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> It's still quicker to do a re-write in the more cumbersome C
>
>You should try Cython.

I did try Cython when I was trying to figure out what to do about the slow
speed.  My initial attempt showed no speedup at all.  The documentation
told me that I needed to change the data types to special C-like types, so
it seemed to me that it would become half way between Python and C and
would be as cumbersome to develop as C.  So at that point, I just rewrote
it in C.

Anyway, now that I've been told how to install libraries in PyPy, I'll
probably be able to use PyPy if I need speedups in future.