Future of Pypy?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 04:19:34 EST 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 6:41 PM, Steven D'Aprano
>>> - and you must be using libraries and tools which prevent you moving to
>>> Jython or IronPython or some other alternative.
>>
>> I don't get this at all.  Why should I not want Python to have the same
>> capabilities?
>
> Python does have the same capabilities. Jython and IronPython aren't
> different languages, they are Python.

Presuming that he meant CPython, one other good reason for wanting to
stick with it rather than jump to another interpreter is all the new
features of the recent versions. (Do Jython or IronPython support
Python 3.x at all, even?) Every new release of CPython has new and
cool features, and the other Pythons are generally playing catch-up.

ChrisA