How to design a search engine in Python?

subhabangalore at gmail.com subhabangalore at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 15:51:20 EST 2015

Dear Group,

I am trying to build a search engine in Python.

To do this, I have read tutorials and working methodologies from web and books like Stanford IR book [ http://www-nlp.stanford.edu/IR-book/]. I know how to design a crawler, I know PostgresSql, I am fluent with PageRank, TF-IDF, Zipf's law, etc.
I came to know of Whoosh[https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Whoosh/]

But I am looking for a total tutorial how to implement it. If any body may kindly direct me.

I heard there are good source codes and prototypes, but I am not getting.

Apology if this is not a question of the room. I tried to post as this is a room of Python bigwigs.

Regards,
Subhabrata.