Python path on windows

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 09:40:29 EST 2015

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 1:10 AM, Dave Angel <davea at davea.name> wrote:
> But you could always write your own py.exe, which interprets the shebang
> differently.
>
> Or run python.exe yourself, which as far as I know, pays no attention to
> shebang lines.

Or, my preferred solution: Fix the shebangs :) It's usually not hard
to put together a script that zips through your hard drive and fixed
them... or else you just fix 'em when you notice 'em, which means your
shebangs become a kind of historic marker. I used to have drive
letters all over my code, and I could track a program's history
through them: this used to be on D:, then it moved to E:, etc.
Discovering something that still said "D:\eddie" was like digging up a
Second World War bullet casing.

ChrisA