subprocess command fails

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Feb 21 01:47:36 EST 2015

On 20Feb2015 21:14, Brad s <bcddd214 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Time adjustment error:
>
># python3.4 timefix.py
>2015022105
>2015-02-21 05:00:00
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "timefix.py", line 15, in <module>
>    ndate = datetime.datetime.strptime(timeadd, '%Y%m%d%H')
>TypeError: must be str, not datetime.datetime
>

># cat timefix.py
>#!/usr/bin/python3.4
>import subprocess
>import sys
>from datetime import datetime
>import datetime
>from time import gmtime, strftime
>
>pretime = strftime("%Y%m%d%H", gmtime())
>time = datetime.datetime.strptime(pretime,'%Y%m%d%H')
>print(pretime)
>print (time)
>plustime = datetime.timedelta(days=730)
>timeadd = (time + plustime)
>str(timeadd)
>ndate = datetime.datetime.strptime(timeadd, '%Y%m%d%H')
>#timeadd = timeadd.replace(tzinfo=UTC())
>print (timeadd)
>print (ndate)

Well, timeadd is a date object, yes? strptime is for parsing a string for date
information, but timeadd is already parsed, as it were. Why are you calling
strptime at all?

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

stomping on roses and strangling kittens
    leaving no fingerprints cause we wear mittens
    inflatable prostitutes tied up with strings
    these are a few of my favorite things
        - gypsy <gypsy at popeet!c3.com>