urgent help

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Fri Feb 20 20:01:32 EST 2015

On 2015-02-21 00:14, ms.isma222 at gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, February 20, 2015 at 4:41:57 PM UTC+8, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>> On 20/02/2015 08:24, ismahameed at gcuf.edu.pk wrote:
>>
>> Would you please give your requests a meaningful subject.
>>
>> > sir these errors whats mean by it
>> > warning (from warnings module):
>> >    File "D:\PHD 1st semester\scripts\NetDoctor\getNetDoctor.py", line 18
>> >      br.set_handle_gzip(True)
>> > UserWarning: gzip transfer encoding is experimental!
>>
>> See
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21415450/what-does-mechanize-br-set-handle-gzip-do
>>

>> > Traceback (most recent call last):
>> >    File "D:\PHD 1st semester\scripts\NetDoctor\getNetDoctor.py", line 106, in <module>
>> >      getLinksComlicated()
>> >    File "D:\PHD 1st semester\scripts\NetDoctor\getNetDoctor.py", line 80, in getLinksComlicated
>> >      for file in os.listdir(dir)[1:]:
>> > WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'complicated/*.*'
>> >

>> Either the code needs changing so it does a wildcard search or you need
>> to pass in 'complicated' alone.  Seeing those three magic letters P H D
>> I'll leave you to research the former :)
>>

> sir what mean by the following errors:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "D:\My Documents\Desktop\scripts\WebMD\getWebMDExperts.py", line 143, in <module>
>      links = getExpertInfoLinks()
>    File "D:\My Documents\Desktop\scripts\WebMD\getWebMDExperts.py", line 119, in getExpertInfoLinks
>      fid = open("health-experts.htm","rb")
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'health-experts.htm'

It means that it can't find that file, either because it doesn't exist,
or because it's not in the directory that it's looking in.

Notice that it's a relative path (it doesn't start with a drive
letter), so it's looking for the file in the current directory.

Try opening the file with an absolute path instead.