Python path on windows

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 13:31:20 EST 2015

On 20/02/2015 15:16, loial wrote:
> On Friday, February 20, 2015 at 2:54:26 PM UTC, Ian wrote:
>> On Feb 20, 2015 7:46 AM, "loial" <jldun... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Linux we use
>>
>>> #!/usr/bin/env python
>>

>>> At the start of scripts to ensure that the python executable used is the one defined in the PATH variable, rather than hardcoding a path to the python executable.
>>

>>> What is the equivalent functionality in Windows?
>>
>> https://docs.python.org/3/using/windows.html#launcher
>>
>> Note that while the launcher can be used with any version of Python, it is only packaged with 3.3+.
>
> Vesrion is 2.6

See https://bitbucket.org/vinay.sajip/pylauncher

As an aside it looks from the formatting above as if you're using google
groups to post.  If that is the case would you please access this list
via https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list or read and
action this https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython to prevent
us seeing double line spacing and single line paragraphs, thanks.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence