urgent help

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Thu Feb 19 04:00:50 EST 2015

On 02/19/2015 03:35 AM, ismahameed at gcuf.edu.pk wrote:
> this is the error in the following python code, can any one help me
> error{Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "C:\Python27\Scripts\BeOk\getBeOKExperts.py", line 6, in <module>
>      from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup
> ImportError: No module named BeautifulSoup}
>

> "#encoding=utf8
> from codecs import open
> from collections import defaultdict
> import re
>
> from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup

When you can demonstrate a problem in a couple of lines of source code,
why would you waste our bandwidth showing us dozens of unrelated  lines?

Since the error says there's no module named BeautifulSoup, perhaps
that's because you haven't installed BeautifulSoup.  it's not in the
standard library.

I've never used it, but a quick web search found me the page:

http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs4/doc/

And that seems to say the module is called bs4.

Anyway, if you did install it, and read the directions, and are still
stumped, you probably need to supply many other details:

1) what version of Python are you using, and do you have multiple
versions installed
2) what OS
3) where did you download it from, and what commands did you use to
actually install it  How did you specify which Python version it would
install to?
4) what your import line looks like (which you did specify)
5) and of course, what the exception is (which you did include)

Other things people may need to know include what directory the bs4.pyc
file is installed to, what your sys.path is, and so on.  But just
answering the first questions might let you figure it out for yourself.

--
DaveA