Bad text appearance in IDLE

David H. Lipman DLipman~nospam~ at Verizon.Net
Sat Feb 14 06:50:03 EST 2015

From: "ast" <nomail at invalid.com>

> Hello
>
> Here is how text appears in IDLE window
> http://www.cjoint.com/data/0BmnEIcxVAx.htm
>
> Yesterday evening I had not this trouble. It appears
> this morning. I restarted my computer with no effect.
>
> A windows Vista update has been done this morning, with about 10 fixes. I
> suspect something gone wrong with this update
>
> Has somebody an explanation about that ?
>
> thx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3013455
KB3013455 has been found to be causing Display Font problems for Windows
Vista and Server 2003.

A partial mitigation is to use ClearType Font Smoothing.  It will greatly
help but will not fix all Display Font viewing problems.

Right-Click on the Desktop.
Choose "Personalize" ---> Window Color and Appearance --> effects
Check the box for; "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen
fonts"
Set it to; ClearType

It is recommended to remove this HotFix  and then hide it from further
download ( at least until it is fixed ).

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp