fuzzysearch: find not exactly what you're looking for!

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 18:08:54 EST 2015

Emile van Sebille writes:

> I adapt difflib's SequenceMatcher for my fuzzy search needs now -- can
> you provide some perspective on how fuzzysearch compares?

Hi Emile,

fuzzysearch is made for this purpose, is straightforward to use, is better
documented and is much faster.

What do you mean by "adapt difflib's SequenceMatcher"? If you mean that you
alter its code, then certainly there is value in a library which provides
such functionality without requiring any adaptation?

- Tal Einat