idle feature request

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 08:29:22 EST 2015

On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 6:50:35 PM UTC+5:30, Fabien wrote:
> On 11.02.2015 14:11, Rustom Mody wrote:
> > Context:
> > I am using idle for taking python classes.
>
> I know this is not your question, but: have you considered using iPython
> notebooks for teaching? They save automatically, look nice, and can be
> sent as code, html, rst, ...
>
> Fabien

Yeah I have considered (and thanks for reminding).
However we are at that peculiar point where
- de jure college provides computers
- de facto everyone has a laptop

Exploiting the second is a big advantage but its also chaos.
Some windows; some linux; some macs etc
So getting up and running with minimal headache is an important priority.