Wildly OT: pop-up virtual keyboard for Mac or Linux?

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 03:12:19 EST 2015

Le mercredi 11 février 2015 08:31:21 UTC+1, Marko Rauhamaa a écrit :
> Kushal Kumaran <kushal at locationd.net>:
>
> > For very, very occasional use in emacs, there's C-x 8 RET (insert-char).
>
> Emacs to the rescue, as usual.
>
> I use emacs for all of my typing needs. If I stray on a Web form, I end
> up cussing at the browser whenever I instinctively hit a C-n, C-a or C-s
> (or, yesterday, C-w).
>
> As for typing "special" characters, I have written a .Xmodmap file that
> rebinds my keyboard for various languages I use regularly. Then, I have
> this text file that contains specimens for many other useful characters.
>

> Marko

In my interactive Python interpreter, I can
enter all these chars (any unicode char) directly from
the main keyoard (a lot of work).

Python 3.2.5 (default, May 15 2013, 23:06:03) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> eta runs etazero.py...
...etazero has been executed
>>> print('abc°é€œሴ䕧葖’éऋ')
abc°é€œሴ䕧葖’éऋ

As you can see, it's Python 32.
Rusy: The last char is a Devanagari char.

jmf