Profiler for long-running application

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Mon Feb 9 02:03:08 EST 2015

Asad Dhamani <dhamaniasad at gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to find out where the bottleneck is, and I've been looking for a good profiler that'd let me do this, however, I couldn't find anything. Any recommendations would be great.

Python comes with a "profile" module in its standard library.
Implemented in Python and with quite a high overhead, it
drastically slows down the execution, however.
There is a C-implemented alternative (maybe named "cProfile", or something
similar) - see the documentation of the "profile" module; when I remember
right, it mentions alternatives.