dunder-docs (was Python is DOOMED! Again!)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 17:19:30 EST 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 4:40 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> given that the glossary need not be 100% complete and definitive, "function
> defined inside a class body" is close enough to the truth.

* This *

We are arguing, not about an element in a formal grammar, but about a
glossary entry. If one of my Python students asks me, "What's a
method?", I'm not going to go into a technical explanation like this;
I want to answer with a single sentence that covers the bit that
matters. (Though I'd probably define it from the other perspective -
it's "an object attribute that you can call", perhaps - but if the
question came from a class definition, "a function defined inside a
class" would be fine.)

ChrisA