__pycache__

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Feb 3 17:01:34 EST 2015

On 2/2/2015 6:26 PM, Luke Lloyd wrote:
> I am in school and there is a problem with my code:
>
> When I try to run my code in the python code in the python shell it
> waits about 10 seconds then shows an error that says “IDLE’s subprocess
> didn’t make connection. Either IDLE can’t start a subprocess or personal
> firewall software is blocking the connection.” Then when I press OK it
> just closes.

Idle is intended for developing code, not running code that you have
already developed.  (Though there are cases, at least on Windows, where
it is better for running programs than python in a console.)

In any case, a solution, given is the Idle doc section, is to start Idle
with the -n option.

python -m idlelib -n

add '-r x.y' to run an existing python file (this is missing from the
doc section and needs to be added).

--
Terry Jan Reedy