__pycache__

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Tue Feb 3 11:44:52 EST 2015

On 2/3/2015 8:31 AM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 03/02/2015 14:34, Emile van Sebille wrote:
>> On 2/3/2015 6:21 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
>>
>>>     The second is to use Google...
>>>

>>> https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=python+idle+can%27t+make+connection
>>>
>>> but the first page of results isn't helping -- lots of reports of the
>>> problem, but no firm remedy listed.
>>
>> it was suggested to me recently that i include 'solved' in google
>> searches.  doesn't always work, but helps when i don't find a result
>> quickly.
>>

> I know that you can target sites, but can you exclude them, e.g.
> -site:stackoverflow.com ?

yep -- https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?hl=en

-	Remove words

When you use a dash before a word or site, it excludes results that
include that word or site. This is useful for words with multiple
meanings, like Jaguar the car brand and jaguar the animal.

Examples: jaguar speed -car and pandas -site:wikipedia.org