How to write a non blocking SimpleHTTPRequestHandler ?

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Tue Feb 3 09:20:40 EST 2015

Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:

> Threading is not such a bugbear as a lot of people
> seem to think. Yes, some platforms have traditionally had poor
> implementations

Java has excellent multithreading facilities. Still, I have seen
seasoned Java developers commit atrocious crimes against thread-safety
that are impossible to troubleshoot and repair afterwards.

There are ways to manage the complications of multithreading, but no
universal practices are agreed upon so you can't count on other/legacy
software to obey your policies or your software obey theirs. And even
under the best guidelines there are seemingly intractable cornercases
where you feel helplessly lost.

Marko