Downloading videos (in flash applications) using python

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Mon Feb 2 14:24:10 EST 2015

Gabriel Ferreira <gabrielbianchiferreira at gmail.com> writes:
> I appreciate your help. I'm just afraid that Youtube-DL doesn't allow
> me to record or download a LIVE STREAMING VIDEO. Do you guys think it
> is possible, since I make some adjustments into the code of the
> library?

If the stream operator really wants stop you from downloading (and some
of them do), they can make it pretty difficult.  I haven't looked at
youtube-dl closely but those things are generally http retrievers.
Flash videos can use other sorts of streaming protocols, with Macromedia
or other DRM in some cases.  You can presumably still get around it with
enough hassle, but I decided a long time ago that I'd rather just shrink
the audience of those sorts of streams, by choosing not to watch them.